Monday, February 1, 2010

Butterlfy Mobile

So, the frustration with finding Sofia a mobile is officially over! I never actually found one though. lol...Like I always say:
If you can't find it, make it yourself! So I made one.
Hubby and I had this gorgeous display at the entrance to our wedding reception:

We have the white branches displayed in our house now. The one thing I knew was that I wanted to keep the design of the mobile with the organic, simple, nature theme of the rest of the room (elephants, flowers, birds....etc.)

Well, a few months ago, we babymooned in St. Augustine, Forida & I spotted these beautiful butterflies on a string in a little boutique. I bought them thinking I would find a place for them eventually.


I had hubby cut the branches for me (I'm a tad bit accident prone). I took apart the strung butterflies, added some clear glass beads & fishing wire & now we have a mobile!

Here is the finished product in the room. From Sofia's view:


It always amazes me how intensely satisfying it is to create exactly what you want, love it and be proud of it! I couldn't be happier with the final result and how it looks in the room. Even better, is that it incorporates a project I made myself for our wedding day. Much nicer than shelling out $50 for a pre-made factory mobile....

No comments:

Post a Comment